Sunday, June 5, 2011

Elephants and Giraffes in Nairobi


June 4, 2011

Yesterday we spent much of the day in Nairobi before flying to Kisumu.  We petted baby elephants and got the chance to have a giraffe eat food out of our mouths.  That might sound odd, but I was pretty excited about it.  If our internet will let me load a picture I will try to put one on. 

At dinner we met the Umoja Administrative Assistant, Leah.  She was absolutely wonderful and patiently tried to teach us words in Luo.  We learned about ten and I feel confident we will learn more before the end of the summer, even though Leah graciously tried not to laugh at our pronunciation.

We got into our hotel, St. Anne’s, pretty late tonight so, while this is brief, I will have to write more tomorrow.

Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I think this picture made my day. I have just one question: who suggested doing this? If it was your host, I'm beginning to wonder if this isn't a hazing ritual that they're trying to pass off as a "cultural experience."

    ReplyDelete