Friday, July 1, 2011

Tears

Today I experienced my most difficult home visit. It was a female student from Bar-Andingo Primary School. She was a partial orphan, and had lost her mother. Her father is aging and ailing, and she assists in taking care of him.

While sharing her story, she began to weep. She did so silently. In fact, she was so silent about it, that we did not realize she was crying. She was mourning her mother, who died when she was 4 years old. She is now 13. I have been welcomed into so many homes, and listened to so many stories. However, I have not seen anyone express their sorrow the way she did today. I think that in visiting many homes and hearing the stories, the magnitude of loss is given second priority. But this experience reminded me how much some of the other students need and deserve to just let the tears fall.

So today, I shed tears for the students who have lost--parents, dreams, and possibly even hope. But I continue to let God lead...

No comments:

Post a Comment